System Requirements for User Management
Before you install User Management ensure that the server and client computers you plan to use meet the minimum operating and network requirements outlined below.
Server and Admin Tools
You can install the User Management server components on computers running:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
- Windows 8 Professional or newer (64bit)
A full server installation requires at least 5GB of free space, to support the User Management software, SQL Express, .Net 4.5.2 and IIS. By default, all secured jobs and logs are also stored on this server.
- .NET 4.5.2 is required, and will be installed if absent.
- IIS is required and will be installed if absent. See IIS Web Server Support below for details.
Windows Client Requirements and Memory Usage
You can install the User Management Client Popup software on computers running Microsoft Windows 8 or later.
The Client is comprised of two components: the Desktop Client and the Client Service.
- The Desktop Client required between 5MB - 20MB, also depending on activity.
- Client Service requires between 3MB - 10MB depending on activity.
No additional software is needed.
System Requirements for User Management Client for Mac®
- User Management Client for Mac is supported on the Mac OS listed below. Please ensure you are running one of these versions before installing User Management Client for Mac®. Click on "About this Mac" in the Apple menu, to determine which version of Mac OS is running on your workstation:
MacOS 10.15 Catalina
MacOS 10.14: Mojave
MacOS 10.13: High Sierra
MacOS 10.12: Sierra
- User Management Client for Mac also requires one (1) Windows-based PC to host the IUM Server and database. It is not possible to install User Management to a network which does not have at least one Windows computer. Review the Windows System Requirements for User Management for more information.
User Management uses Internet Information Services (IIS) to communicate with devices and internally between User Management components. The installation requires either the full version of IIS and the installer will determine if you have an existing IIS installation or not. If not, the installer will create a new site and application pool using IIS.
User Management uses standard HTTP/SSL communication via ports 80/443 for web services by default.If these ports are unavailable, User Management will use 6320/6231. However, you can change the communication ports if there is a conflict in your organization.
User Management uses TCP/IP networking protocol.