After the install script is complete, you can click the link within the installer or you can navigate to http://<servername>/Setup/NetworkSetup, where <servername> is the name of the server where you installed the software.
Configure Initial Settings
Click 'Next' to advance between screens.
- The first step in initial configuration is to select your network type that will be used for authentication. The option you choose determine how users are both authenticated and imported.
- Active Directory – Choose this network type if your organization is using an Active Directory domain and the web server is on the domain.
- Windows Peer to Peer – Choose this network type if your organization does not have a domain or if you want to use the web server's local users only.
Note:You must have a local login on the web server to continue. If you want your users to use automatic Client authentication they must have logins on the web server where the user name and password are identical to the login they are using on the Client desktop.
- Windows NT Domain – Choose this network type if you have an older style Windows NT domain and this web server is a member of the domain.
- You can proceed in trial mode or you can enter an activation key to fully license the software. Trial mode allows you to proceed with only 5 users; however, this option allows you to evaluate the software for 15 days. You can purchase and activate the full license at that later time if necessary.
- Enter the credentials that will be used to connect to the selected network type. Workflowwill create a full access account based on these credentials.
The Administration Tool launches and is now ready for further configuration. Refer to the Getting Started topic within the Online help for information about how to proceed.
The Administration Tool launches and is now ready for further configuration. Follow the links below to complete configuration tasks:
- Getting Started
- Server Print Tracking vs Client Print Tracking
- Configure Secure Print Release
- Configure Network Card Release
- Configure Release Codes
- Network & Authentication Settings
- Email Configuration and Email Logo
- Print Tracking Overview
- Configure Remote Workflow for mobile users
- Manage Printers
- Manage User Accounts
- Administer the Workflow Client