Client Silent Rollout
You can perform a silent client rollout using the simple 'paiclientinstall.msi' file supplied in the 'Redist' folder in the Workflow installation path.
- If using msiexec, you can set installation parameters via the command line. If running from the command line, property names must be formatted in all caps.
- If using a different install solution, you can also specify these parameters in a file named 'package.ini'. When running the client install silently, the installer will look for the 'package.ini' file and use the parameters in that file. The parameters must be defined within a [Properties] section in the ini file. For example:
- ServicesUrl - The URL the Client will point to for Client Services after it is installed.
- InstallDir - The directory the Client will install to on the client computers. If not provided, the Client will install to the default Program Files folder. This option only impacts new Workflow installs and does not affect upgrades.
- SuppressReboots - All reboots will be suppressed, unless older Clients are installed. A value of 1 will Suppress all reboots, 0 will not. If not provided defaults to 0. See the section on existing client installs for more information.
- SuppressAddRemove - If set to 1, no information will be created in Add/Remove programs for the Client. If 0 will install normally. If not present defaults to 0. This option only impacts new Workflow installs and does not affect upgrades.
- SuppressShortcuts - If set to 1, no Windows Start Menu shortcuts will be created for the Client and supporting tools. If 0, shortcuts will be created normally. If not present defaults to 0. This option only impacts new Workflow installs and does not affect upgrades.
- IgnoreDisconnected - If set to 1, and the Client has not been installed, a local settings file is created that instructs the Client to ignore jobs when unable to connect to the Client Services instead of disallow. If set to 0, the Client will disallow jobs and display a message to the user printing. This setting only applies until the Client connects at least once to Client Services, at which point it uses whatever option an Admin has defined.