Set the Default Printer Profile for New Printers
As users print to devices on the network, new devices are automatically added to the database. The default Printer Profile that is applied to the device can be determined in several ways:
- If the printer is determined to be a member of a Printer Group, and the Printer Group is set to apply a specific Printer Profile to new printers. Refer to Organize Printers into Groups for details.
- If no Group membership is determined, the default profile in the Printer Profile screen is applied to the printer. By default, the Track profile is applied to all new printer. To change the default role:
- Select Administration from the ribbon.
- Select Printers → Profiles.
- Click in the Default profile list and choose another profile. Click Save in the field to complete the change.